Edge is a Catholic middle school youth ministry experience created for early adolescents in grades six, seven, and eight. Edge is designed to meet the spiritual, emotional, and social needs of young adolescents.
Grades 6, 7, 8 Youth Faith Formation is experienced through the parish community. As part of ongoing lifelong catechesis, middle school youth in grades 6-8 are invited to participate in the parish community through Mass and the sacraments, service, witness, youth ministry, fellowship, and spiritual experiences. The program encourages and assists parents and their middle school children to deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ. Our focus is to grow in our faith and understanding; remembering that to live the life of a disciple of Jesus Christ is a lifelong process.
Goals of The EDGE
- Foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy, allowing early adolescents to have a profound experience the Word of God and the Eucharist.
- Create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for early adolescents.
- Assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation for what the Catholic Church teaches and believes.
- Incorporate the Catholic Church’s vision of social justice and peace into their spiritual life.
- Develop an identity in middle school youth and in The Edge ministry as being a vital and visual presence within the parish
Monday 6:00-7:30 PM @ St. Mary Hall, as scheduled
HOME STUDY PROGRAM
The Home Study Program uses the Sadlier Books for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade. Each child receives the appropriate grade book and is expected to work through about a chapter a week. At the end of each unit, please contact Chris Fortin to setup a time to meet to go over the material that was covered in the Unit. In the Home Study Program, the parents take the role of teaching and working through the material with their child(ren).